This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Dr.Md.Alauddin is a nutritional biochemist and molecular biologist particularly includes understanding the role of food bioactive component on metabolic syndrome. He made significant contribution in diabetes and coronary heart disease (CHD), especially understanding the molecular mechanism of nuclear transcription factor related to glucose and insulin impairment. He also made five years’ experience as assistant manager on method development and method speed up for new molecule at Renata pharmaceutical company. Dr. Alauddin completed his postdoctoral fellow at Department of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Dhaka collaboration with Institute of Developing Science and Health Initiative (ideSHi) on inborn error of metabolism. Current research focuses on the development of functional food for diabetics and heart disease. Also interested on system biology, metabolomics and nutritional genetics.
1. Md Tarikul Islam; Suprovath Kumar Sarkar; Nusrat Sultana; Noorjahan Begum; Golam Sarower Bhuyan; Shezote Talukder; AKM Muraduzzaman; Md Alauddin; Mohammad Sazzadul Islam; Firdausi Qadri; Kaiissar Mannoor. High Resolution Melting Curve Analysis Targeting the HBB Gene Mutational Hot-spot Offers a Reliable Screening Approach for All Common as Well as Most of the Rare Beta-globin Gene Mutations in Bangladesh. BMC Genet. 2018 Jan 2;19(1):1. doi: 10.1186/s12863-017-0594-3.
2. Islam, Jahidul, Takuya Koseki, Kouichi Watanabe, Slamet Budijanto, Akira Oikawa, Md Alauddin, Tomoko Goto, Hisahi Aso, Michio Komai, and Hitoshi Shirakawa. "Dietary Supplementation of Fermented Rice Bran Effectively Alleviates Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colitis in Mice." Nutrients 9, no. 7 (2017): 747.
3. Alauddina, Md, Jahidul Islama, Hitoshi Shirakawaa, Ardiansyahc Takuya Kosekib, and Michio Komaia. "Rice Bran as a Functional Food: An Overview of the Conversion of Rice Bran into a Superfood/Functional Food." In Superfood and Functional Food-An Overview of Their Processing and Utilization. InTech, 2017.
4. Alauddin, Md, Hitoshi Shirakawa, Takuya Koseki, Naoko Kijima, Slamet Budijanto, Jahidul Islam, Tomoko Goto, and Michio Komai. "Fermented rice bran supplementation mitigates metabolic syndrome in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats." BMC complementary and alternative medicine 16, no. 1 (2016): 442.
5. Alauddin, Md, Hitoshi Shirakawa, Kazuyuki Hiwatashi, Atsushi Shimakage, Saori Takahashi, Mamoru Shinbo, and Michio Komai. "Processed soymilk effectively ameliorates blood pressure elevation in spontaneously hypertensive rats." Journal of Functional Foods 14 (2015): 126-132.
6. Howlader, M. Z., Sonia Tamanna, Sayma Parveen, Hossain U. Shekhar, M. Alauddin, and Firoza Begum. "Superoxide dismutase activity and the changes of some micronutrients in preeclampsia." BJMS 15 (2009): 107-113.
7. Alauddin, M., K. M. Z. Hossain, M. A. Rahman, A. S. M. H. Kabir, and I. H. Khan. "Optimization of the bioequivalence study of esomeprazole capsule contents after in vitro suspension in soft foods using HPLC." Daffodil International University Journal of Science and Technology 4, no. 2 (2009): 59-61.
8. Hawlader, M. Z. H., M. Alauddin, T. Khan, M. R. Islam, F. Begum, and Y. Kabir. "Oxidizability of serum lipids and paraxonase activity in preeclampsia." BJMS 13, no. 2 (2007): 112-117.