This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Catalysis and Science Research Center, Department of Chemistry, School of Science, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia (2012-2015).
Visiting Scientist, Catalysis and Science Research Center, Department of Chemistry, School of Science, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia (September 1, 2017 to September 16, 2017).
Fellow Researcher, Energy Research Unit, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, 88400, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia (January, 2016-December, 2017).
Visiting Scientist, Catalysis and Science Research Center, Department of Chemistry, School of Science, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia (October 10, 2016 to October 20, 2016).
Senior Research and Development Scientist, Research and Development Division, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Manufacturer Active Fine Chemicals, West Muktarpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Oct 2013- Sep 2014).
Senior Renewable Energy Technology Executive, Emerging Energy Solution Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Jan, 2012-Jul 2012).
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) Department of Chemical Engineering, School of Engineering and Information Technology, University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia (2008-2010).
Saiful Islam, Masor Ahmad, Zainal AbidinTalib, Aminul Islam (Co-researcher), Project Title: Exploring the effect of nano clay on the properties of tropical wood polymer nano-composite. Putra Grant, 2014, University Purta Malaysia, Value of grant- RM 40000.00
Saiful Islam, Nurul Amin, Aminul Islam (Co-researcher), Project Title: Characterization and diversity of sea cucumber in Malaysia.Putra Grant, 2014, University Purta Malaysia, Value of grant- RM 85000.00
Academic Honors and Awards:
• Awarded two gold medals for the best invention, 15-16 November, 2016, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia.
• Awarded one silver medal for the best research invention, 15-16 November, 2016, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia.
• Awarded two bronze medals for the invention, 27-28 September , 2016, University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia.
• Highly research Citation award for process safety and environmental protection, Elsevier, 2016.
• Invited Keynote speaker from International Academy of Science, Technology, Engineering and Management (IASTEM) Conference on 1st-2nd April, 2017, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Invited speaker for the seminar on “Energy and Carbon Dioxide: Towards Sustainability- Bangladesh Perspective” on April 5, 2017, Department of Environmental Science of Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB).
• Awarded the honour and appreciation certificate for outstanding contribution as organizing committee at the 2nd seminar entitled ‘sustainable development through Engineering and Information Technology, University Malaysia Sabah, Sabah. 2009.
• Achieved Honour and appreciation Certificate for outstanding presentation at the 2nd seminar entitled ‘sustainable development through Engineering and Information Technology, University Malaysia Sabah, Sabah, 2009.
Editorial Board Member
• The Open Fuels & Energy Science Journal
• BAUET JOURNAL
Bangladesh army university of engineering & technology Qadirabad Cantonment, Natore-6431
Service as Reviewer
• Energy Conversion And Management, Elsevier;
• Journal Of Earth Science, Austin Publication, USA;
• Applied Energy, Elsevier;
• Energy, Elsevier;
• Bioresource Technology, Elsevier;
• Chemical Intermediates, Springer;
• Engineering Science And Technology,
• An International Journal. Elsevier; International Journal Of Environmental Science And Technology, Springer.
• Chmical Engineering And Processing, Process Intencification, Elsevier;
• Functional Materials Letter, World Scientific;
• Journal Of Alloy And Compounds, Elsevier.
• International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Elsevier.
• Journal of cleaner production, Elsevier.
1. Islam, A., & Ravindra, P. (2016). Biodiesel production with green technologies. Springer, 2016. ISBN: 978-3-319-45272-2.
2. Islam A.,Aminul, M. Moniruzzaman, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap (2013), Characterization of anomalous Fe-Ni Alloy coating: By electrodeposition and its properties, Publisher; Scholar's Press, ISBN-10: 3639512065 Germany.
3. Islam, A., &Taufiq-Yap, Y. H. (2014). Advanced Technologies In Biodiesel: Introduction to Principles and Emerging Trend. Momentum Press. ISBN 10: 1606505025. USA.
4. Islam, A.,Yun HinTaufiq-Yap,SiowHwaTeo, Eng Seng Chan (2015)’ Advanced Technlogies in Biodiesel: New Advances in Designed and Optimized Catalysts, Momentum Press. ISBN: 9781606505045 USA.
1. Aminul Islam, Pogaku Ravindra: Materials and Methods. Biodiesel Production with Green Technologies, 09/2017; , ISBN: 978-3-319-45272-2, DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-45273-9_3
2. Aminul Islam, Pogaku Ravindra: Development of Millimetric Particle for Biodiesel Production. Biodiesel Production with Green Technologies, 09/2017; , ISBN: 978-3-319-45272-2, DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-45273-9_4
3. Aminul Islam, Pogaku Ravindra: Production of Biodiesel Using Spherical Millimetric Catalyst. Biodiesel Production with Green Technologies, 09/2017; , ISBN: 978-3-319-45272-2, DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-45273-9_5
Journal Publications (International Refereed impact factor Journals (Published or Accepted only!)
1. Siow Hwa Teo, Aminul Islam, Chi Huey Ng, Nasar Mansir, Tingli Ma, S.Y. Thomas Choong, Yun Hin Taufiq-Yap, Methoxy-functionalized mesostructured stable carbon catalysts for effective biodiesel production from non-edible feedstock, Chemical Engineering Journal, (2017). (IF 6.2)
2. Bablu. K. Gshosh, Aminul Islam, Recent progress in Si hetero-junction solar cell: A comprehensive review,Renewable& Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2017 (accepted),( (Impact factor IF, 8.1)
3. Awual, MdRabiul, Nabeel H. Alharthi, MdMunjurHasan, Mohammad RezaulKarim, Aminul Islam, Hussein Znad, Mohammed AkhterHossain, MdHalim, Mohammed M. Rahman, and Md Abdul Khaleque. "Inorganic-organic based novel nano-conjugate material for effective cobalt (II) ions capturing from wastewater." Chemical Engineering Journal (2017). (IF 6.2)
4. Teo, S. H., Islam, A., Masoumi, H. R. F., Taufiq-Yap, Y. H., Janaun, J., Chan, E. S., &Khaleque, M. A. (2017). Effective synthesis of biodiesel from Jatrophacurcas oil using betaine assisted nanoparticle heterogeneous catalyst from eggshell of Gallus domesticus. Renewable Energy. (IF 4.35)*
5. ChoonTah Ivan-Tan, Aminul Islam, RobiahYunus,YunHinTaufiq-Yap,Screening of solid base catalysts on palm oil based biolubricant synthesis, Journal of cleaner production, 2017 (accepted). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.02.027 (IF 5.7)*
6. Duo Yao Rachel-Tang, Aminul Islam and Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, Bio-oil production via catalytic solvolysis of Biomass RSC Advances, Issue 13, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C6RA27824H(IF 3.289)*
7. O.N. Syazwani, SiowHwaTeo, Aminul Islam, Yun HinTaufiqYap: Transesterification activity and characterization of natural CaO derived from waste venus clam (Tapes belcheri S.) material for enhancement of biodiesel production. Process Safety and Environmental Protection 2017; 105., DOI:10.1016/j.psep.2016.11.011(IF 2.9)
8. Abdulkreem-Alsultan G, Aminul Islam, JidonJanaun, M.S. Mastuli, Y-H Taufiq-Yap: Synthesis of structured carbon nanorods for efficient hydrogen storage. Materials Letters 09/2016; 179., DOI:10.1016/j.matlet.2016.05.030(IF 2.57)*
9. Lai Fok How, Aminul Islam, MohdSalehJaafar, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap: Extraction and Characterization of γ-Alumina from Waste Aluminium Dross. 05/2016;, DOI:10.1007/s12649-016-9591-4(IF 1.37)*
10. SiowHwaTeo, Aminul Islam, YunHinTaufiq-Yap: Algae derived biodiesel using nanocatalytictransesterification process. Chemical Engineering Research and Design 04/2016; 111., DOI:10.1016/j.cherd.2016.04.012(IF 2.525)*
11. Aminul Islam, Hamid Reza FardMasoumi, SiowHwaTeo, YadollahAbdollahi, JidonJanaun, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap: Glycerolysis of palm fatty acid distillate for biodiesel feedstock under different reactor conditions. Fuel 02/2016; 174., DOI:10.1016/j.fuel.2016.01.088 (IF 4.6)*
12. W.-P. Voo, C.-W. Ooi, Aminul Islam, B.-T. Tey, E.-S. Chan: Calcium alginate hydrogel beads with high stiffness and extended dissolution behaviour. European Polymer Journal 02/2016; 75., DOI:10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2015.12.029(IF 3.5)
13. Faris A. J. Al-Doghachi, Aminul Islam, ZulkarnainZainal, MohdIzhamSaiman, ZaidiEmbong, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap: High Coke-Resistance Pt/Mg1-xNixO Catalyst for Dry Reforming of Methane. PLoS ONE 01/2016; 11(1)., DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0145862(IF 3.2)*
14. Aminul Islam, SiowHwaTeo, M AminurRahman, YunHinTaufiq-Yap: Seeded Growth Route to Noble Calcium Carbonate Nanocrystal. PLoS ONE 12/2015; 10(12)., DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0144805(IF 3.2)*
15. Kok Leong Theam, Aminul Islam, Yuen May Choo, YunHinTaufiq-Yap: Biodiesel from low cost palm stearin using metal doped methoxide solid catalyst. Industrial Crops and Products 12/2015; 76., DOI:10.1016/j.indcrop.2015.06.058(IF 3.5)*
16. Aminul Islam, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, PogakuRavindra, SiowHwaTeo, S. Sivasangar, Eng-Seng Chan: Biodiesel synthesis over millimetric γ-Al2O3/KI catalyst. Energy 07/2015; 89., DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2015.06.036(IF 4.5)*
17. YadollahAbdollahi, Nor AsrinaSairi, SuhanaBintiMohd Said, EbrahimAbouzari-Lotf, AzmiZakaria, MohdFaizul Bin MohdSabri, Aminul Islam, Yatimah Alias: Scheduling the blended solution as industrial CO2 absorber in separation process by back-propagation artificial neural networks. SpectrochimicaActa Part A Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 06/2015; 150., DOI:10.1016/j.saa.2015.06.036(IF 2.5)
18. Kok Leong Theam, Aminul Islam, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, Yuen May Choo, SiowHwaTeo: Binary metal-doped methoxide catalyst for biodiesel production from palm stearin. Research on Chemical Intermediates 06/2015; 42(3)., DOI:10.1007/s11164-015-2127-x(IF 1.36)*
19. YadollahAbdollahi, AzmiZakaria, SuhanaBintiMohd Said, MohdFaizul Bin MohdSabri, Nor AsrinaSairi, MajidRezayi, EbrahimAbouzari-lotf, MasoumehDorraj, Aminul Islam: Modeling of photodegradation process to remove the higher concentration of environmental pollution. Desalination and water treatment 05/2015; 57(1)., DOI:10.1080/19443994.2015.1043497(IF 1.272)
20. Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, SiowHwaTeo, Aminul Islam, F.L Ng: Biodiesel synthesis from photoautotrophic cultivated oleoginous microalgae using sand dollar catalyst. RSC Advances 05/2015; 5(58)., DOI:10.1039/C5RA05801E(IF 3.289)*
21. M.S. Islam, Z.A. Talib, M. Hasan, I. Ramli, M.K.M. Haafiz, M. Jawaid, A. Islam, I.M. Inuwa: Evaluation of mechanical, morphological, and biodegradable properties of hybrid natural fiber polymer nanocomposites. Polymer Composites 05/2015;, DOI:10.1002/pc.23616(IF 2.3)
22. Wan Ping Voo, Boon Beng Lee, AniIdris, Aminul Islam, Beng Ti Tey, EngSeng Chan: Production of ultra-high concentration calcium alginate beads with prolonged dissolution profile. RSC Advances 04/2015; 5(46)., DOI:10.1039/C5RA03862F(IF 3.289)
23. SivasangarSeenivasagam, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, MohdSufriMastuli, Aminul Islam: Screening of modified CaO-based catalysts with a series of dopants for the supercritical water gasification of empty palm fruit bunches to produce hydrogen. RSC Advances 04/2015; 5(46)., DOI:10.1039/C5RA03430B(IF 3.289)*
24. Kok Leong Theam, Aminul Islam, HweiVoon Lee, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap: Sucrose-derived catalytic biodiesel synthesis from low cost palm fatty acid distillate. Process Safety and Environmental Protection 03/2015; 95., DOI:10.1016/j.psep.2015.02.017(IF 2.9)*
25. SiowHwaTeo, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, Umer Rashid, Aminul Islam: Hydrothermal effect on synthesis, characterization and catalytic properties of calcium methoxide for biodiesel production from crude Jatrophacurcas. RSC Advances 01/2015; 5(6)., DOI:10.1039/C4RA11936C(IF 3.2)
26. Aminul Islam, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, Eng-Seng Chan, M. Moniruzzaman, Saiful Islam, Md. NurunNabi: ChemInform Abstract: Advances in Solid-Catalytic and Non-Catalytic Technologies for Biodiesel Production. Energy Conversion and Management 12/2014; 88(31)., DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2014.04.037(IF 5.5)*
27. M. F. RabiahNizah, Y.H. Taufiq-Yap, Umer Rashid, SiowHwaTeo, Z. A. ShajaratunNur, Aminul Islam: Production of biodiesel from non-edible Jatrophacurcas oil via transesterification using Bi2O3–La2O3 catalyst. Energy Conversion and Management 12/2014; 88., DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2014.02.072(IF 5.5)*
28. Aminul Islam, SiowHwaTeo, EngSeng Chan, YunHinTaufiq-Yap: Enhancing the sorption performance of surfactant-assisted CaO nanoparticles. RSC Advances 11/2014; 4(110)., DOI:10.1039/C4RA11653D(IF 3.289)*
29. SiowHwaTeo, Aminul Islam, TalalYusaf, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap: Transesterification of Nannochloropsisoculata microalga's oil to biodiesel using calcium methoxide catalyst. Energy 08/2014; 78., DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2014.07.045(IF 4.5)
30. Aminul Islam, Eng-Seng Chan, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, Md. AlamHossainMondal, M. Moniruzzaman, MoniruzzamanMridha: Energy security in Bangladesh perspective—An assessment and implication. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 04/2014; 32., DOI:10.1016/j.rser.2014.01.021(IF 8.0)*
31. Aminul Islam, Eng-Seng Chan, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, SiowHwaTeo, MdAshrafulHoque: Studies on the rheological properties of aluminiumoxihydroxide (boehmite) colloidal suspension. Ceramics International 03/2014; 40(2-2)., DOI:10.1016/j.ceramint.2013.09.042(IF 2.9)*
32. Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, SiowHwaTeo, Umer Rashid, Aminul Islam, MohdZobirHussien, KeatTeong Lee: Transesterification of Jatrophacurcas crude oil to biodiesel on calcium lanthanum mixed oxide catalyst: Effect of stoichiometric composition. Energy Conversion and Management 02/2014;, DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2013.12.075 (IF 5.5)*
33. Z. A. ShajaratunNur, Y.H. Taufiq-Yap, M. F. RabiahNizah, SiowHwaTeo, O. N. Syazwani, Aminul Islam: Production of biodiesel from palm oil using modified Malaysian natural dolomites. Energy Conversion and Management 02/2014; 78., DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2013.11.012 (IF 5.5)*
34. Md. Saiful Islam, Abu Saleh Ahmed, Aminul Islam, Sidek Abdul Aziz, Low Chyi Xian, MoniruzzamanMridha: Study on Emission and Performance of Diesel Engine Using Castor Biodiesel. Journal of Chemistry, 01/2014; 2014(3)., DOI:10.1155/2014/451526 (IF 1.3)*
35. Aminul Islam, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, PogakuRavindra, M. Moniruzzaman, Eng-Seng Chan: Development of a procedure for spherical alginate–boehmite particle preparation. Advanced Powder Technology 11/2013; 24(6)., DOI:10.1016/j.apt.2013.03.021(IF 2.6)*
36. Aminul Islam, Yun HuiTaufiq-Yap, Chi-Ming Chu, PogakuRavindra, Eng-Seng Chan: Transesterification of palm oil using KF and NaNO3 catalysts supported on spherical millimetric γ-Al2O3. Renewable Energy 11/2013; 59., DOI:10.1016/j.renene.2013.01.051(IF 4.3)*
37. KhNurul Islam, MdEaqub Ali, MdZuki Bin Abu Bakar, MY Loqman, Aminul Islam, MdSaiful Islam, MdMahfujurRahman, MahbubUllah: A Novel Catalytic Method for the Synthesis of Spherical Aragonite Nanoparticles from Cockle Shells. Powder Technology 09/2013;, DOI:10.1016/j.powtec.2013.05.046(IF 2.9)
38. H.P.S. Abdul Khalil, M. Jawaid, P. Firoozian, Umer Rashid, Aminul Islam, Hazizan Md. Akil: Activated Carbon from Various Agricultural Wastes by Chemical Activation with KOH: Preparation and Characterization. Journal of Biobased Materials and Bioenergy 06/2013; 7(5)., DOI:10.1166/jbmb.2013.1379(IF 0.84)
39. Fatah H. Alhassan, RobiahYunus, Umer Rashid, KamaliahSirat, Aminul Islam, H. V. Lee, Yun H. Taufiq-Yap: Production of biodiesel from mixed waste vegetable oils using Ferric hydrogen sulphate as an effective reusable heterogeneous solid acid catalyst. Applied Catalysis A General 04/2013; 456., DOI:10.1016/j.apcata.2013.02.019(IF 4.3)*
40. Md. Moniruzzaman, Md. Aminul Islam: Effects of bath composition and current density on the electrodeposition of Fe-Ni alloy on copper substrate and the property of deposited alloy. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research 03/2013; 47(4)., DOI:10.3329/bjsir.v47i4.
41. Aminul Islam, Yun HuiTaufiq-Yap, C. M. Chu, E. S. Chan, PogakuRavindra: Synthesis and characterization of millimetric gamma alumina spherical particles by oil drop granulation method. Journal of Porous Materials 10/2012; 19(5)., DOI:10.1007/s10934-011-9535-0(IF 1.6)*
42. E. S. Chan, T. K. Lim, PogakuRavindra, Rachel Fran Mansa, Aminul Islam: The effect of low air-to-liquid mass flow rate ratios on the size, size distribution and shape of calcium alginate particles produced using the atomization method. Journal of Food Engineering 01/2012; 108(2-2)., DOI:10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2011.08.010(IF 3.199)
43. Aminul Islam: Effects of bath composition and current density on the electrodeposition of Fe-Ni alloy on copper substrate and the property of deposited alloy.
44. Aminul Islam, Yun HinTaufiq-Yap, C. M. Chu, E. S. Chan, PogakuRavindra: Studies on design of heterogeneous catalysts for biodiesel production. Process Safety and Environmental Protection 01/2012; 91(1-2)., DOI:10.1016/j.psep.2012.01.002(IF 2.9)*
45. M.A. Islam, Chu Chi Ming, PogakuRavindra, E. S. Chan: Rheology and Gelling Behavior of Boehmite Sols. Journal of Applied Sciences 12/2011; 11(13)., DOI:10.3923/jas.2011.2327.2333
46. Das S. K., M.A., Islam, Moniruzzaman M., Shorowordi K. M., (2006). Effect of Bath Composition and Plating Parameters on the Morphology of Electrodeposited Fe-Ni Alloy Coatings, j. of Mechanical Engineering Division, Institution of Engineers (IEB),11th Annual Paper Meet. Dhaka pp 86-91.
47. Ahmed, S., Rahman, M.M., Islam, M.A.,Masud, M., Ali Moral. M.N., (2008). Role of Biomass Briquetting in the Renewable Energy Sector and Poverty Diminution for Bangladesh, Proceedings of the 4th BSME-ASME International conference on Thermal Energy Engineering, Dhaka, pp- 739-747.
48. Islam, M.A.,Moniruzzaman, M., (2008). Properties of the Electrodeposited Fe-Ni Alloy coating on Cu Substrate, j. of Mechanical Engineering Division, Institution of Engineers (IEB),12th Annual Paper Meet, Dhaka pp 1-8.
49. Islam, M. A., Ming, C.C. Ravindra, P., Eng-Seng, C., (2009) Transesterification of Vegetable Oil to Biodiesel Using Heterogeneous Acid/Base Catalyst –A Review, Proceedings of the 2nd Seminar on Engineering and Information Technology, Malaysia pp53-57.
50. Moniruzzaman, M., Islam, M.A.,Talip, M.A., Alamgir M., (2009). Development of clean energy as an alternative fuel: Impacts on health issues, International conference on rural medicine, 23-25th November, UMS, Malaysia pp116.
51. Shine, F. M. M., Aktar, M.S., Islam M.A., Alamgir M.M., (2010). Heavy mineral concentration of Mahastan-Majira area along the Korotoya River, Bogra, Bangladesh: A case study, Proceedings of the 3rd SANREM Conference, Malaysia, pp. 206-214.
52. Aminul Islam, Yun Hin Taufiq Yap, Facile synthesis of nano-CaO from Ctenocardia fornicate, 5th international conference on chemical and bioprocess engineering, 9-12, 2015.
• Completed surface science and catalysts characterization workshop, organized by Catalysis and Science Research Center, Faculty of Science, University Putra Malaysia, August 23-24, 2014.
• Participation of outcome based Education (OBE) workshop, 6-7 January, 2016, University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia.
• Participate in the workshop on industrial Enzyme Engineering and Technology, 23rd to 24th May, 2016.
• Completed the Workshop on ‘Green Engineering and Technology, Organized by School of Engineering and Information Technology, University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia, 2010.
• Attended the course on ‘Climate Change Adaptation in the Sectors of Air and Water'; Organized by, School of science and Technology, University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia.
• Completed the course on ‘Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) for beginner Series ii’, Organized by Centre for Postgraduate Studies, University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia.
• Completed the course on ‘Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) for Intermediate’, Organized by Centre for Postgraduate Studies, University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia.
• Attended the workshop on ‘Field Work Procedure’, Organized by University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia.
• Completed the course on ‘Metal Casting Technology’, Organized by the Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Bangladesh University Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Obtained the certificate course on the ‘Science and Technology of Steel Making’, Organized by the Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Workshop on the 2nd symposium of environmental health sciences in Malaysia, 27-28 April, 2011, University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia.
Edit Your Profile ? Please Login. Log In